The Los Angeles Lakers got off to a fast start in their season opener, but the Golden State Warriors found their offensive rhythm in the second half to secure a 121-114 win at STAPLES Center.
Steph Curry led the charge with a Led by a 21-point, 10-assist, 10-rebound triple-double, while Jordan Poole added 20 points.
The Lakers' star duo of LeBron James and Anthony Davis were in mid-season form, with James recording 34 points, 11 rebounds and five assists, while Davis finished with 33 points and 11 rebounds, however no other Laker managed to crack double digit scoring.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with all the live updates, highlights, stats and scores from tonight's game.
Lakers vs. Warriors score
|NBA Opening Night||Q1||Q2||Q3||Q4||Final|
Lakers vs. Warriors live updates, highlights from NBA Opening Night
FINAL: Warriors 121, Lakers 114
- That's a wrap, the Warriors outscore the Lakers 68-55 in the second half to open their season with a W!
- The Warriors ball movement is causing the Lakers plenty of problems as they create open shot after open shot. Andrew Wiggins buries the triple to extend the lead to nine points.
They have 30 assists on 41 made field goals.
- The Lakers are leaving points on the table at the free throw line. They've now missed five of their last six at the line. Warriors lead 112-103.
- Bijielica is coming up BIG for the Warriors down the stretch. He's up to 15 points, 11 rebounds and four assists with four minutes to go.
- Nemanja Bjielica is called for a Flagrant 1 after catching LeBron James on the head. He goes 1-of-2 at the line and the Lakers get the ball back. Avery Bradley drills the triple and the game is back to four points 100-96.
- With his fourth triple of the night, LeBron James climbs to 12th on the all-time 3-pointers made list.
Congrats to @KingJames of the @Lakers for moving up to 12th on the all-time THREES MADE list! #KiaTipOff21 pic.twitter.com/FHcFVDSrjP- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
- Make that a 24-6 run for the Warriors!
The acceleration of Jordan Poole 💨- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
He's up to 16 points in the 2nd half.. 24-6 @warriors run on TNT! #KiaTipOff21 pic.twitter.com/v5VuoBfwqS
- The Dubs' bench unit is taking over! The non-Curry group has made it a 15-5 run to take a 98-90 lead, their biggest of the game.
- Here comes Steph! The Dubs take the lead with nine minutes remaining. We've got a big finish coming up on opening night.
Steph dances into the paint in #PhantomCam.@warriors 91@Lakers 90- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
9 minutes left.. #KiaTipOff21 on TNT pic.twitter.com/ep7MpieYq0
End of third quarter: Lakers 85, Warriors 83
The Warriors are hanging on, going into the fourth trailing by just two points, thanks to a 9-1 run to close the third.
- it's been a tough night shooting the ball for Steph Curry who's been under constant pressure from the Lakers defence, sending multiple bodies his way. He's got 16 points, 10 assists and seven boards on 4-of-18 from the field and 1-of-7 from deep. Jordan Poole is the only other Warriors player in double figures with 13 points.
- Carmelo Anthony's pump fake at the free-throw line results in a violation. Let's call that some early season rust.
Carmelo Anthony, Serbest Atış Çizgisinde Feykine Başvurdu! 😂 #NBA75 pic.twitter.com/k6bSD3Z5of- NBA Türkiye (@NBATurkiye) October 20, 2021
- A scare for Steph Curry who slipped and appeared to injure his ankle. After a quick tape job, he's back out on the floor.
- Year 19...LeBron can still fly!
"How long has he been doing it?"- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
"Oh, 19 years."
King Things on TNT pic.twitter.com/aoYK96uafc
AD and LeBron are now up to a combined 49 points on 21-of-35 from the field.
- The LeBron x AD connection is already in mid-season form. LeBron with the deft touch pass for the layup caps a 7-0 run for the Lakers as they make it 68-61.
The ball movement on the break! ✨@Lakers 7-0 run on TNT pic.twitter.com/3PvjKFVOkU- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
- And the game is tied! Jordan Poole buries his first triple of the game to make it 61-61.
J P 3⃣- Golden State Warriors (@warriors) October 20, 2021
📺 @NBAonTNT pic.twitter.com/WBRzZw2ovM
Halftime: Lakers 59, Warriors 53
The Lakers led by as many as 10 points, with AD (20 points) and LeBron (18 points) keeping their foot on the gas. Despite the Lakers dominance inside, the Warriors refuse to go away, with their bench unit of Andre Iguodala, Nemanja Bjielica and Damion Lee giving them some valuable minutes. The trio has combined for 20 points at the half.
20 for AD- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
18 for LeBron
It's halftime on TNT 😳 pic.twitter.com/WvbtppA9SW
- The Warriors have no answer for Anthony Davis, who's getting everything to go! He leads the Lakers with 20 points on 9-of-16 shooting.
- There it is, Russell Westbrook gets his first bucket of the game with a lauyup. He's 1-of-5 from the field. Lakers lead 48-43 midway through the second.
First @Lakers bucket for Russ!#KiaTipOff21 on TNT pic.twitter.com/i9soGy1Hbk- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
- The King has still yet to miss! He's up to 14 points.
LeBron is 5-5.#KiaTipOff21 on TNT pic.twitter.com/X9EkN4wEQv- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
End of first quarter: Lakers 34, Warriors 32
The Lakers take a two-point lead into the break, with Anthony Davis and LeBron James accounting for 24 of the team's 34 points.
Davis leads all scorers with 14 points, while LeBron has 10. Curry leads the Warriors with eight points on 2-of-8 shooting.
- A quick five-point flurry from Steph Curry helps cut the deficit to just two points as the Warriors start to find their rhythm at the end of the quarter.
- It's been a slow start for Steph Curry, who's gone 1-for-7 from the field to start this game.
- The home crowd welcomes new Laker Carmelo Anthony and 2020 champion Rajon Rondo to STAPLES Center.
The @Lakers crowd welcomes Carmelo Anthony and Rajon Rondo! 👏#KiaTipOff21 on TNT pic.twitter.com/8t6RJkOzsU- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
- LeBron sends it away. The Lakers explode on a 10-0 run to make it 17-12 midway through the period.
LeBron says NO.. 10-0 @Lakers run on TNT! pic.twitter.com/8eUFwcj0HU- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
- The Lakers size advantage is already being felt with LeBron and AD overpowering the Warriors bigs in the paint.
- And we're underway at STAPLES Center, with LeBron James finding DeAndre Jordan for the long-range lob!
LBJ to DJ to open the @Lakers season! #KiaTipOff21 on TNT pic.twitter.com/eVE7VWofGm- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
After a blistering preseason Jordan Poole gets the start at shooting guard for the Dubs.
The Warriors starters for the opener tonight: Steph Curry, Jordan Poole, Andrew Wiggins, Draymond Green, Kevon Looney.- Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) October 19, 2021
The Lakers are going BIG to start the season with the Davis-Jordan frontline.
Lakers starters for opening night vs. GSW: Westbrook, Bazemore, LeBron, AD and Jordan.- Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) October 20, 2021
Curry making it look easy from the logo!
Four straight from the logo… @StephenCurry30 is READY for the @warriors opener on TNT! #KiaTipOff21 pic.twitter.com/f6RwIoq2Rt- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
Westbrook gest loose ahead of opening night!
Russ is ready for his @Lakers debut 🔥- NBA (@NBA) October 20, 2021
⏰: 10 PM ET on TNT #KiaTipOff21 #PhantomCam pic.twitter.com/jPctgQQU8q
Carmelo Anthony ready to make his official Lakers debut.
Rare form. New chapter starts tonight. #STAYME7O | @Lakers pic.twitter.com/xRm1MzLgnC- Carmelo Anthony (@carmeloanthony) October 19, 2021
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.