The Denver Nuggets held off the Los Angeles Lakers' fourth-quarter comeback to seal a 114-106 win in Game 3.
Jamal Murray led the charge with some big buckets down the stretch as he finished with 28 points, 12 assists, and eight rebounds, while Nikola Jokic added 22 points, 10 rebounds, and five assists.
Their star duo had it going from the jump, but it was the contributions from the supporting cast that made the difference, with Jerami Grant recording a playoff career-high 26 points!
LeBron James led the Lakers with his 26th playoff career triple-double - 30 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds, while Anthony Davis added 27 points on the night.
If you missed any of the action we had you covered with live updates, highlights and more from this contest.
FINAL: Denver Nuggets 114, Los Angeles Lakers 106
BOX SCORE | PLAY-BY-PLAY
- The Nuggets hold off the Lakers' comeback to get their first win of the series to make it 2-1. Jamal Murray scored 10 points in the fourth to seal the W, including the dagger from 3.
🏹 Jamal Murray caps off his 28-point night and the @nuggets win with a DEEP triple.. bullseye! 🏹 pic.twitter.com/ii3WqMEYpJ- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
- Jamal Murray has taken over late, knocking down two triples and finding Millsap for the wide-open dunk. Denver are back up 111-99 after a 10-1 run.
- LeBron brings up his 26th career playoff triple-double with 28 points, 10 assists, and 10 rebounds.
- Rondo adds to the history books, moving up to ninth on the all-time playoff assist list, overtaking Kobe Bryant.
Congrats to @RajonRondo of the @Lakers for moving up to 9th on the #NBAPlayoffs ASSISTS list! pic.twitter.com/a9JJrKkR0P- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
- The Nuggets can't find a way through the Lakers' zone defence as they continue to rack up the turnovers. Rajon Rondo has a game-high 3 steals.
- After leading by as many as 20 points, the Nuggets are clinging to the lead, 101-98.
Rondo getting it DONE on defense!@Lakers 98@nuggets 101- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
📺: @NBAonTNT pic.twitter.com/ngQXtcAGLt
- Make that a 14-2 Laker run and it's just an eight-point game. The Lakers are getting it done on the defensive end, forcing four quick turnovers. We've got a big finish coming up with 7:38 remaining in the game.
- Davis, James, and Kuzma power the Lakers to a 10-2 run as they cut the lead to 12 points with 8:43 remaining. Can they pull off the comeback?
- Jamal Murray is in his bag. He's closing in on a triple-double with 22 points, 11 assists, and eight rebounds.
😱 MURRAY EXPLODES TO THE RIM! 😱- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
📺: TNT pic.twitter.com/4Ek6EP9LaV
- The suppporting cast for the Nuggets have made the difference in Game 3. Grant, Morris and MPJ have combined for 44 points.
Shot chart for Grant, Morris and MPJ pic.twitter.com/LPM76Bem8z- Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) September 23, 2020
End of third quarter: Nuggets 93, Lakers 75
- After the Lakers started the quarter in rhythm, the Nuggets absorbed the punches and hit back thanks to Murray and Jerami Grant to make it an 18-point lead heading into the fourth.
- Grant's got a playoff career-high 21 points off 6-of-9 shooting with 12 coming in the third period alone.
Grant plays the passing lane and takes it to the house! #NBAPlayoffs on TNT pic.twitter.com/BkDPiosOxJ- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
- The Nuggets have taken back control of the momentum as Jamal Murray's triple makes it a 25-10 run. Denver lead 89-71 (2:27)
- LeBron James knocks down two identical fadeaways followed by a drive to the basket for six quick points. He's up 17 points, 9 assists, and 7 boards.
🔥 LBJ HEATING UP & LOCKING DOWN 🔒#NBAPlayoffs on TNT pic.twitter.com/2XaNprSUKg- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
- Jamal Murray is assessed a Flagrant 1 after his elbow catches LeBron in the face (10:00).
- Here come the Lakers! After closing the half on a 16-8 run, they've scored the first five points of the period to make it a five-point game, 63-58.
KCP steal & score on TNT! #NBAPlayoffs pic.twitter.com/VNJRvewGxd- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
Half-time: Nuggets 63, Lakers 53
- A late triple from Markieff Morris helps the Lakers cut the lead down to 10 points heading into the break, but the Nuggets are firing on all cylinders, winning the period 34-26.
- This is their first half-time lead in their last seven games!
- Anthony Davis leads the Lakers with a game-high 16 points, while LeBron is setting up another playoff triple-double with 10 points, eight assists, and four rebounds.
- Morris and Murray have 12 points apiece, while Jokic leads the way with 15 points, six rebounds, and four assists, hitting some tough shots along the way.
- HOW DID JOKIC GET THIS TO GO?
HOW JOKIC 🤯 pic.twitter.com/pRKBZ1Vhv2- Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 23, 2020
Half-time team stats
- The Lakers have trimmed the deficit to 14 points, behind nine straight points from Anthony Davis. He's 3-of-3 from the field in the quarter, while the rest of the Lakers are a combined 2-of-12
- Monte Morris heads to the bench with 12 points after giving the Nuggets a huge spark alongside MPJ.
- Porter Jr. and Monte Morrisare giving the Nuggets a huge boost of scoring off the bench, but the biggest difference-maker so far has been their work on the glass. They're winning the rebounding battle 18-8. Jokic has 5 and MPJ 4 (5:19).
- Denver is piling up the points, extending the run to 15-2 to start the period, connecting on 11 of their last 13 field goals. Timeout Lakers (8:53).
They're getting plenty of transition opportunities thanks to their defence forcing seven Laker turnovers which they're converted into 12 points.
- The Nuggets race out on a 7-0 run early in the second with Michael Porter Jr, getting five quick points.
SMOOTH J from MPJ.- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
📺: @NBAonTNT pic.twitter.com/vaCO5Ebuoh
End of first quarter: Nuggets 29, Lakers 27
- A back and forth opening quarter to start Game 3 as the Nuggets take a two-point lead into the break.
- Denver has shot 60% from the field in the opening 12 minutes, led by 11 points from Jokic on 5-of-7 shooting. The Lakers aren't far back, shooting 55% from the field. Anthony Davis leads the way with seven points and LeBron six.
- Nikola Jokic is catching the Lakers early in the shot clock. He's started the game 4-of-6 from the field for his eight points and four rebounds (1:56)
- LeBron's in attack mode, getting the left-hand finish at the rim to go. Lakers lead 16-14 (5:17)
LeBron drives left, finishes right.#NBAPlayoffs on TNT pic.twitter.com/N5Gx1dJPwR- NBA (@NBA) September 23, 2020
- The Nuggets are moving the ball early and playing with a much faster pace as they look to work the Murray-Jokic high- pick-and-roll. Murray is doing a great job running off screens and getting free for 3-point attempts.
Grant gets the triple to go in the corner. He's got five early points for Denver.
This sequence...- Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) September 23, 2020
We'll take it tho! pic.twitter.com/wRnKhADnnl
- Danny Green hits the first bucket of the game from deep, moving into the top 15 all-time for playoff threes.
With his first trey of the night, @DGreen_14 reaches the top 15 in all-time playoff 3s 👌 pic.twitter.com/AQ5H6lG2BB- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) September 23, 2020
- Denver Nuggets starting lineup: Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Jerami Grant, Paul Millsap, and Nikola Jokic
Rollin' with this group to start.#MileHighBasketball pic.twitter.com/LNNpaqAKMz- Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) September 23, 2020
- Los Angeles Laker starting lineup: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Danny Green, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and JaVale McGee.
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.