The Los Angeles Lakers take a commanding 3-1 series lead after holding off the Denver Nuggets to seal a 114-108 win.
The Lakers are now 11-3 in the post-season and need just one more win to make it back to the NBA Finals for the first time since 2010.
Anthony Davis led the charge with 34 points, five rebounds, and three blocks, while LeBron James was just shy of another playoff triple-double, recording 26 points, nine rebounds, and eight assists.
For the Nuggets, they were led by 32 points and eight assists from Jamal Murray as they face a 3-1 deficit for the third time in the 2020 playoffs.
If you missed any of the action we had you covered with live updates, highlights and more from this contest.
FINAL: Lakers 114, Nuggets 108
BOX SCORE | PLAY-BY-PLAY
- Davis buries two free throws to put the result beyond doubt and the Lakers go up 3-1 in the series.
- The Nuggets went cold down the stretch, not making a field goal over the last 3:28 minutes, missing their last five shots
- HUGE offensive rebound from Rondo, the Lakers' 12th of the night. They've outscored the Nuggets 25-6 in second chance points
Rondo flies in for the clutch offensive board!@Lakers 112@nuggets 106- NBA (@NBA) September 25, 2020
31.9 left in Game 4 on TNT pic.twitter.com/RGilhgNAIc
- Rondo climbs up the all-time playoff assist list, moving past Scottie Pippen for 8th
Another game, another milestone for @RajonRondo, who passes Scottie Pippen for 8th-most assists in playoff history. pic.twitter.com/NRK0IICp2G- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) September 25, 2020
- Jokic misses the hook shot with a chance to cut it to five. He's scorelss in the fourth, going 0-of-3.
- Monte Morris and Jamal Murray have scored the last 12 Nuggets points as they trim the lead to 105-102 (3:10)
- Jokic is back in the game alongside Millsap. They both have five fouls
- KCP hits the three at one end and gets the steal down the other. He's making big plays for the Lakers down the stretch (3:56)
- Jamal Murray AGAIN! He gets another tough finish to go at the rim and the Nuggets are back within four points. (5:34)
JAMAL MURRAY FLOATS IT IN WITH THE LEFT! 😳@Lakers 100@nuggets 96- NBA (@NBA) September 25, 2020
5:34 to play on TNT pic.twitter.com/Tn5lMVyARh
- Davis and Rondo connect for another alley-oop. AD has scored the last eight Laker points as they go up five 99-94, (6:15)
- Anthony Davis goes down after turning his ankle on a jumper. He stays in the game and shoots two free throws (6:44)
- Jokic fouls Anthony Davis, picking up his fifth. The Lakers are in the bonus the rest of the way. Millsap comes into the game (8:06)
- Jamal Murray is keeping the Nuggets within touching distance. His aggressiveness driving to the basket is catching the Lakers defence out.
Murray gets it to go 😳 pic.twitter.com/W7F0Hq31fb- NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) September 25, 2020
End of third quarter: Lakers 87, Nuggets 84
- Every time the Lakers make a run and get the lead out to double-digits, the Nuggets have found a response and head into the third quarter down three points, closing the period on an 11-4 run
- Michael Porter Jr has come to life for the Nuggets with a couple of big triples. He gets one to go on the final shot of the quarter to make it 13 points and six rebounds off the bench.
Stepback.- Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) September 25, 2020
- Anthony Davis is again struggling on the glass, with just one rebound. Howard (11) and LeBron (8) have done the bulk of the damage on the glass for LA.
- Rajon Rondo has provided a big spark in the third quarter! The ball fake never gets old. His layup gives the Lakers a 10-points lead (2:35)
Playoff Rondo making an impact in the 3rd 💯 pic.twitter.com/gYtTnDbK5v- NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) September 25, 2020
- The Nuggets are shooting well from the field (57.4%) but the Lakers' domination on the glass has made the difference. They've piled up 20 second-chance points midway through the third.
- Torrey Craig drains the triple and Murray follows it up with another layup as the Nuggets get back to within five points. Timeout Lakers (7:21)
ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ᴏɴʟʏ pic.twitter.com/mfg0l76wHL- Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) September 25, 2020
- Dwight Howard gets the free throw to go down and the Lakers have opened up a 10-point lead (70-60) thanks to a 10-2 run (8:14)
Half-time: Lakers 60, Nuggets 55
- After trailing by 12 points, the Nuggets rallied to cut the half-time deficit to just five points, led by Jamal Murray's 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting. Jokic and Grant have 10 apiece
- Dwight Howard has been a monster in the first half, scoring 11 points and grabbing 10 rebounds, with 6 on the offensive glass. His activity around the rim has helped the Lakers create 18 second-chance points, more than they've had in any game during this series.
- Davis leads the way with 19 points, but the Lakers have four different players in double figures with 14 points from LeBron and 10 from Kuzma.
Half-time team stats:
- The Lakers have now missed 8 of their last 9 shots as the Nuggets trim the lead to four points (1:36)
- Jamal Murray or Michael Jordan? Check this finish from the Nuggets PG!
JAMAL MURRAY UP AND UNDER, OH MY!- NBA (@NBA) September 25, 2020
📺: TNT pic.twitter.com/RPLjLj4rpU
- Kyle Kuzma's giving the Lakers some strong minutes, He's got 10 points in 10 minutes on court.
- The Lakers are making their presence felt on the glass, outrebounding the Nuggets 15-6 midway through the period. Jokic if off to a slow start with 2 points and 0 rebounds.
- Alex Caruso drains the corner triple as the Lakers open their largest lead of the game 42-32 early in the second.
End of first quarter: Lakers 37, Nuggets 30
- It's been a first-quarter shootout between Davis and Murray. AD leads the Lakers with 14 points, while Murray has 12 for the Nuggets. We're on track for a high-scoring game with both teams shooting above 55%.
- Howard's making the most of his start today, hauling in eight rebounds to go with eight points late in the first. Lakers lead 29-23.
Dwight not wasting any time in his first start of the playoffs ⚡️- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) September 25, 2020
(📺: TNT) pic.twitter.com/8PJFCMiTnA
- The Lakers have gone to their zone defence early, but credit the Nuggets who have moved the ball well early, getting 4 assists on their first 8 made field goals
- LeBron's bucket caps off a 12-3 run as the Lakers take an eight point lead (5:26)
- A fast start for Anthony Davis, he's got the Lakers' first 10 points on 5-of-5 shooting as they lead 10-9. (8:16). Millsap picks up two quick fouls guarding AD and heads to the bench.
10 straight for AD 👀 pic.twitter.com/AQgvmUDkWv- NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) September 25, 2020
- Jokic gets the layup to go for the first points of the game and we're underway in Game 4
- Dwight Howard will start at centre in place of JaVale McGee, alongside Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Danny Green, LeBron James, and Anthony Davis
Tonight's starting center: @DwightHoward pic.twitter.com/7G7Dvat7BO- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) September 25, 2020
- Nuggets starters: Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Jerami Grant, Paul Millsap, and Nikola Jokic.
Starting 🖐️#MileHighBasketball pic.twitter.com/VoqRbPYlwK- Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) September 25, 2020
- Jamal Murray gets loose ahead of Game 4
Jamal Murray and the @nuggets look to even the series 2-2 with a Game 4 win! #PhantomCam- NBA (@NBA) September 25, 2020
⏰: 9:00pm/et 📺: TNT pic.twitter.com/clUSElCElP
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.