As the early 2019-20 NBA regular season storylines begin to take shape, a team of developers at NBA 2K have fast forwarded through the chaos to simulate the entire season with some interesting results.
The Los Angeles Lakers, led by LeBron James claimed their first NBA Championship since 2010, but it wasn't without drama, after surging all the way back from 3-0 down against the rival Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference finals. James finished with 29 points, 14 rebounds and six assists in the decisive game seven win.
The Lakers would then go on to sweep the Milwaukee Bucks in the Finals, lifting the Larry O'Brien trophy.
Giannis Antetokounmpo would etch his name in the history books, becoming a two-time MVP winner in back-to-back fashion, while Kawhi Leonard would take out the Defensive Player of the Year award.
Major award winners:
· NBA Champions: Lakers defeat the Bucks 4-0
· NBA Finals MVP: LeBron James
· NBA MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo
· Defensive Player of the Year: Kawhi Leonard
· Rookie of the Year: Zion Williamson
· Sixth Man of the Year: Lou Williams
The NBA League Leaders were:
· Points Per Game: Damian Lillard - 32.4
· Assists Per Game: Lonzo Ball - 9.7
· Rebounds Per Game: Andre Drummond - 15.6
· Steals Per Game: Kawhi Leonard - 2.2
· Blocks Per Game: Rudy Gobert - 3.3
We will now sit back and watch, to see which of these projections hold true come June.