Dallas Mavericks guard-forward Luka Dončić and Atlanta Hawks guard Trae Young have been unanimously selected to the 2018-19 NBA All-Rookie First Team.
Watch the NBA Playoffs on NBA League Pass - Save 30% OFF using the code SAVE30
Dončić and Young both received NBA All-Rookie First Team votes on all 100 ballots to finish with 200 points each. They are joined on the NBA All-Rookie First Team by Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton (195 points; 95 First Team votes), Memphis Grizzlies forward-center Jaren Jackson Jr. (159 points; 60 First Team votes) and Sacramento Kings forward Marvin Bagley III (156 points; 56 First Team votes).
The 2018-19 NBA All-Rookie First Team is composed of the top five picks in NBA Draft 2018 presented by State Farm®: Ayton (No. 1), Bagley (No. 2), Dončić (No. 3), Jackson (No. 4) and Young (No. 5).
This marks the first time since the 1984-85 season that the top five picks in the previous NBA Draft have all been selected to the NBA All-Rookie First Team (there was no All-Rookie Second Team that season). Thirty-four years ago, the NBA All-Rookie Team honorees were Hakeem Olajuwon (No. 1 pick in 1984), Sam Bowie (No. 2), Michael Jordan (No. 3), Sam Perkins (No. 4) and Charles Barkley (No. 5).
Dončić, Young and Ayton are the three finalists for the 2018-19 Kia NBA Rookie of the Year Award. The winner will be revealed at the 2019 NBA Awards presented by Kia on Monday, June 24. The third annual NBA Awards, honoring this season's top performers, will take place at Barker Hangar in Los Angeles.
The 2018-19 NBA All-Rookie Second Team consists of LA Clippers guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (138 points), Cleveland Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton (132), Clippers guard Landry Shamet (85), New York Knicks center Mitchell Robinson (77) and Hawks guard Kevin Huerter (45).
The NBA All-Rookie Teams were selected by a global panel of sportswriters and broadcasters. The media voted for five players for the NBA All-Rookie First Team and five players for the Second Team at any position. Players received two points for each First Team vote and one point for each Second Team vote.
All-Rookie First Team
- Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
- Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
- DeAndre Ayton, Phoenix Suns
- Jaren Jackson Jr., Memphis Grizzlies
- Marvin Bagley III, Sacramento Kings
All-Rookie Second Team
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, LA Clippers
- Collin Sexton, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Landry Shamet, LA Clippers
- Mitchell Robinson, New York Knicks
- Kevin Huerter, Atlanta Hawks
Other rookies receiving votes
- Mikal Bridges, Phoenix Suns
- Kevin Knox, New York Knicks
- Josh Okogie, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Jalen Brunson, Dallas Mavericks
- Allonzo Trier, New York Knicks
- Rodions Kurucs, Brooklyn Nets
- Wendell Carter Jr., Chicago Bulls
- Miles Bridges, Charlotte Hornets
- Bruce Brown, Detroit Pistons
- Harry Giles III, Sacramento Kings
- Mo Bamba, Orlando Magic
- Aaron Holiday, Indiana Pacers