The 2020 NBA Draft takes place on Thursday, Nov. 19 at 12:00pm AEDT and the Minnesota Timberwolves are on the clock as they own the first overall pick.
Watch the NBA Draft live with the NBA App. Follow each pick, plus stay up-to-date on the league's biggest moments with Stories, articles and must-see videos!
In what could be one of the most eventful draft nights in recent memory, we have you covered with plenty of resources to prepare, from scouting reports to mock drafts to superlatives and deep dives on prospects, find your one-stop-shop on all things NBA Draft 2020 below.
2020 NBA Draft Order | Who owns the most selections?
Who could go No. 1?
Unlike in years past, there is no clear-cut top prospect ahead of this draft but instead, a number of players worth consideration for the top spot. Among them, five players have seemingly risen towards the top as the most talented prospects in this draft class.
Learn more about their games:
- Deni Avdija scouting report, strengths, weaknesses and player comparison
- LaMelo Ball scouting report, strengths, weaknesses and player comparison
- Anthony Edwards scouting report, strengths, weaknesses and player comparison
- Obi Toppin scouting report, strengths, weaknesses and player comparison
- James Wiseman scouting report, strengths, weaknesses and player comparison
In the months leading up to the NBA Draft, NBA.com's Draft experts Kyle Irving and Eric Fawcett have come with multiple installments of mock drafts, taking into account developments with respect to rumours and confirmed reports surrounding the draft.
Additionally, check out a mock draft from the NBA.com Global staff, chock full of a number of entertaining trades.
- Irving: Mock Draft 1.0 | Mock Draft 2.0 | Mock Draft 3.0
- Fawcett: Mock Draft 1.0 | Mock Draft 2.0 | Mock Draft 3.0
- NBA Global Staff Mock Draft
This year, more than ever, teams will be looking to fulfill specific needs with their draft picks, thanks in large part to a unique pre-draft process that has largely been handled virtually.
While some teams will be looking to grab a shooter, wing defender or rim protector, others will be looking for more under-the-radar prospects that fit the bill from a standpoint of maturity or athleticism.
- The best shooters
- The best defenders
- The best upperclassmen
- The best second-round sleepers
- The best under-the-radar prospects from mid-majors
- Standouts from the 2020 NBA Draft Combine
When you take a closer look at some of the talent, you realize the ways in which they can impact the NBA right away. From Avdija's ability to be an Andre Igoudala-like spark to Haliburton's ability to be the star of the class, uncover more about the potential of these prospects.
- The unique potential of the 2020 NBA Draft class
- Deni Avdija: How he could be the missing piece for a team like the Golden State Warriors
- LaMelo Ball: What his best and worst games in the NBL taught us about his game
- Anthony Edwards: One play that shows his ability to contribute immediately
- Tyrese Haliburton: The most overlooked prospect of the class
- Onyeka Okongwu: How he compares to Miami Heat All-Star Bam Adebayo
- Obi Toppin: One play that shows why he's considered 'bust-proof'
One thing worth keeping an eye on is the amount of movement and transactions that can be made ahead of - and during - the upcoming draft. With much to speculate, the NBA.com staff took a closer look at some of the more intriguing teams.
- The most interesting teams on draft night
- Who should the Minnesota Timberwolves take with the No. 1 pick?
- Should the Golden State Warriors keep or trade the No. 2 pick?
- The New York Knicks have multiple options at No. 8
- What should the Miami Heat do with the No. 20 pick?
- Who will the Philadelphia 76ers target in the draft?
- Who could the Toronto Raptors target with their draft picks?
Oftentimes, the most tangible way to get an idea of what a player is capable of is by projecting their ceiling with a comparison to an established NBA veteran. Read up on a few players the NBA.com staff have drawn parallels with to this year's class.
- How good can Deni Avdija be at his peak?
- How good can LaMelo Ball be at his peak?
- How good can Anthony Edwards be at his peak?
- How good can Killian Hayes be at his peak?
- How good can James Wiseman be at his peak?
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.