The Los Angeles Lakers are your 2020 NBA champions!
The Lakers put on a defensive performance for the ages as they led wire-to-wire to seal Game 6, 106-93.
LeBron James led the way with his 11th NBA Finals triple-double, recording 28 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 assists, while Anthony Davis added 19 points and 15 rebounds.
Bam Adebayo led the Heat with 25 points, 10 rebounds, and five assists.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with all the scores, updates and highlights from Game 6 below:
FINAL: Lakers 106, Heat 93
BOX SCORE | PLAY-BY-PLAY
- The Lakers secure their 17th NBA championship with a 106-93 win over the Miami Heat.
- LeBron James is named Bill Russell Finals MVP for the fourth time in his career after another blockbuster performance in a closeout game.
The 2020 Bill Russell #NBAFinals MVP... LeBron James of the @Lakers! #LakeShow pic.twitter.com/jyAko4pjbN- NBA (@NBA) October 12, 2020
- The Lakers empty the bench with 103-86 lead as they close in on their 17th championship (1:27)
- LeBron exits the game with 28 points, 14 rebounds, and 10 assists. Anthony Davis finishes with 19 points and 15 rebounds.
- LeBron and AD making history in this title run
Anthony Davis and LeBron James will be the first pair of teammates to finish 1st and 2nd in postseason scoring (total points) in a postseason since Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant in the 2002 postseason. pic.twitter.com/YKs7Bm5ZAH- ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 12, 2020
- LeBron brings up his 11th Finals triple-double - 19 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 assists. He is yet to commmit a turnover.
Most triple-doubles in Finals history:- StatMuse (@statmuse) October 12, 2020
11 - LeBron James
8 - Magic Johnson
3 - Draymond Green pic.twitter.com/m6wflKI8U4
- Miami began the quarter on an 11-3 run as the Lakers call timeout with the lead down to 21 points (8:37)
- The Heat score the first seven points of the fourth quarter, but the Lakers remain well in front 87-65 (9:35)
End of third quarter: Lakers 87, Heat 58
- Caruso finds LeBron for the one-handed jam as the Lakers continue to increase their lead. They're up 84-54 with 1:25 reamining in the third quarter.
LBJ with AUTHORITY 😤#NBAFinals pic.twitter.com/GWGutzkZ1S- NBA TV (@NBATV) October 12, 2020
- LeBron James is closing in on another Finals triple-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds, and seven assists late in the third (4:10)
- Anthony Davis and the Lakers are getting whatever they want in the paint. They have 40 points in the paint. Miami has 46 points for the game (5:24)
- The Lakers keep the momentum going early in the third as they're defence shows no signs of slowing down. They lead 71-39 (7:35)
Caruso's steal leads to the LeBron and-1 on the other end! #CloroxDefense #NBAFinals on ABC pic.twitter.com/KNTlFGIjhv- NBA (@NBA) October 12, 2020
Half-time: Lakers 64, Heat 36
- The Lakers put on a clinic in the second quarter as they outscored the Heat 36-16 to take a 28-point lead, the second-largest half-time lead in NBA Finals history
- LA has four players already in double figures led by 15 points apiece from Davis and KCP, while LeBron has 11 points, nine rebounds, and six assists, and 13 points off the bench from Rondo.
👀 the @Lakers best 2nd quarter buckets as they outscore Miami 36-16 in the frame! #NBAinals on ABC pic.twitter.com/nI16Bm4aye- NBA (@NBA) October 12, 2020
- Miami's offence has ground to a halt, shooting 13-of-38 from the field and 5-of-15 from the 3-point line in the first half. Butler and Crowder lead the Heat with eight points each.
- The Lakers have blown the game open in the second with their extra effort and energy making the diifference. They extend the lead to 22 points (58-34). Timeout Miami (1:48)
MUST-SEE NBA FINALS GAME 6 NOW ON ABC! 👀📺- NBA (@NBA) October 12, 2020
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope tosses it up and banks it in, plus the foul! 👏#NBAFinals presented by YouTube TV pic.twitter.com/00bkaUvX7b
- The Heat turn the ball over again and foul Anthony Davis who heads to the free throw line. Miami is already in the penalty with 4:01 remaining in the quarter
- Jae Crowder comes up with three big plays, with two quick buckets and a drawn charge at the other end. Lakers lead 46-32 (4:39)
- The Lakers defence is smothering the Heat who have shot just 9-of-27 from the field and 4-of-12 from the 3-point line
- Rajon Rondo is making his presence felt early in Game 6, with 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting in eight minutes off the bench (6:17)
Rajon Rondo: 11 points on 5-for-5 shooting 😤😤😤😤😤- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 12, 2020
(📺: ABC) pic.twitter.com/oVdRZ7eAyd
- LeBron gets the layup to go and the Lakers lead 35-23 thanks to a 12-4 run. Timeout Miami (10:00)
That burst 👑💨- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 12, 2020
(📺: ABC) pic.twitter.com/IdHP0CDcEo
End of first quarter: Lakers 28, Heat 20
- The Lakers take an eight-point lead into the first break, with LeBron James and Anthony Davis leading the way. James has nine points, five rebounds, and three assists, while Davis has eight points on 4-of-6 shooting. Davis has two fouls in the opening 12 minutes.
- The Lakers are making the Heat pay on fast breaks
The Lakers outscored the Heat 11-0 in transition in the 1st quarter.- ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 12, 2020
LeBron James scored 9 points in transition, his most in any postseason quarter since ESPN started tracking in 2014. pic.twitter.com/JQ3CuOEs9b
- Duncan Robinson leads the Heat with six points as they struggle shooting in the opening quarter (6-of-15) plus six turnovers
- Goran Dragic checks into the game! He hasn't played since Game 1 of the Finals (1:09)
Goran Dragic checks in for the first time since Game 1 after tearing his plantar fascia in his left foot.- ESPN (@espn) October 12, 2020
Competitor 🙏 pic.twitter.com/m9Pu37flfQ
- The Heat get a quick 5-0 run and cut the lead to 17-16, following Kendrick Nunn's three-pointer (3:22)
- LeBron James is setting the tone early for the Lakers with six points and four rebounds. Lakers lead 13-8 (6:18).
DON'T MISS NBA FINALS GAME 6 ON ABC RIGHT NOW! 🍿📺- NBA (@NBA) October 11, 2020
LeBron with the quick handle and SMOOTH finish! 😮#NBAFinals presented by YouTube TV pic.twitter.com/s9toJoFvDB
- Duncan Robinson got the hot hand early in Game 6 with two quick threes as the game is tied at 8-8 (7:26)
Duncan Robinson catch, rise up and fire!#NBAFinals on ABC pic.twitter.com/K1HNvUwlcN- NBA (@NBA) October 11, 2020
- LeBron James starts the game guarding Jimmy Butler as the two stars look set for another epic battle in Game 6
- Anthony Davis gets the first bucket of the game and we're underway in Game 6!
- Los Angeles Lakers starters: Alex Caruso, Danny Green, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, LeBron James, and Anthony Davis
Looking for that Fresh start pic.twitter.com/bp8YqIST91- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 11, 2020
- Miami Heat starters: Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Jimmy BUtler, Jae Crowder, and Bam Adebayo
We're ready.#HEATFirstFive pic.twitter.com/xqlLms5DXm- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) October 11, 2020
- A huge boost for the Heat with Goran Dragic listed as 'active' for Game 6
Goran Dragic is active for tonight's game. #NBAFinals pic.twitter.com/BZKSNVWf2p- NBA TV (@NBATV) October 11, 2020
- LeBron James stands alone with the most playoff games in NBA history, playing his 260th in Game 6.
260th playoff game - most in NBA history.- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 11, 2020
Never missed a postseason contest. pic.twitter.com/WBb59Xo7j9
- Alex Caruso will start in place of Dwight Howard for Game 6 as the Lakers go small
JUST IN: Lakers planning to make a starting lineup change: Alex Caruso in place of Dwight Howard, reports our NBA Insider @ShamsCharania. pic.twitter.com/IwT2A6Y69C- Stadium (@Stadium) October 11, 2020
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.