);
Brooklyn Nets

Spencer Dinwiddie will not participate in Orlando

Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie will not participate in the season restart in Orlando, he announced on Tuesday.

Dinwiddie says he consulted with team doctors after he received a second positive test for COVID-19. Dinwiddie and the team decided that it would be in his "best interest" to stay home.

Dinwiddie is not the first Nets player to opt-out of the restart. He joins DeAndre Jordan and Wilson Chandler, who announced their decisions last week.

The Nets (30-34) are currently the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference.

The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.

More from NBA.com

3x3BL Season 2 winners
3BL announces Season 2 winners
Yash Matange
2020-mock-draft-ftr
Irving Mock Draft: Will Edwards or Ball go No. 1?
Kyle Irving
#International
Ranking the best international duos in the NBA
Benyam Kidane
Dr. J
Oct. 20, 1976: 76ers acquire Dr. J from Nets
Yash Matange
lamelo-ball-101720-ftr-getty
Breaking down Ball's best and worst game
Scott Rafferty
LeBron-James-2003-2020
LeBron's decades-long greatness, as told by multiple generations
Gilbert McGregor
More News