Make that 53 Olympic wins in a row for Team USA.
They advance after a comprehensive 79-55 win over the Australian Opals, setting up a semi-final matchup against Serbia.
Breanna Stewart had the hot hand with a game-high 23 points on 8-of-10 shooting, including 5-of-6 from deep, while Brittney Griner added 15 points and eight rebounds and A'Ja Wilson 10 points.
Leilani Mitchell led the Aussies with 14 points, while Cayla George finished with 11.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with all the live updates, scores, and stats from the game below:
Australian Opals vs USA: Live score, stats and updates
FINAL: USA 79, Australia 55
Team USA's offensive firepower proved too much for the Opals as they cruised to a comfortable 24-point win. They shot 45 percent from the field, 37 percent from three and had 24 assists on 28 made field goals.
Complete performance! 🇺🇸 #USABWNT moves on to the #Tokyo2020 semifinals vs 🇷🇸 Serbia!@breannastewart 23 PTS@brittneygriner 15 PTS@cgray209 8 AST pic.twitter.com/I55wf2lYJH- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 4, 2021
- Magbegor gets her first bucket of the second half. She's struggled to impact the game against USA's size.
- Lavey gets the shooters roll and drains the triple for the Opals (3:11)
- Steph Talbot spins into the lane and finds Cayla George with the ice dish. USA lead 71-45 (7:00)
- Jenna O'Hea picks up a knock and heads to the bench.
End of third quarter: USA 68, Australia 39
Team USA build on thier half-time lead to go up 29 points heading into the final frame.
Brittney Griner (15 PTS), and A'Ja Wilson (10 PTS), join Breanna Stewart (23 PTS) in double figures, while Leilani Mitchell (14 PTS) is the only Aussie in double figures.
- Stewart stays hot, knocking down another jumper. She's got 23 points and five rebounds as the USA extend their lead to 23 points (4:30)
- USA's size in the paint is proving too much for the Opals with Griner and Wilson going to work down low
- Leilani Mitchell keeping the Opals hopes alive with two early buckets to cut it to 51-32 (7:31)
Half-time: USA 48, Australia 27
A much better quarter from the Opals, but their struggles from beyond the arc have made it tough to keep pace with Team USA, connecting on just 3-of-13 from deep. They also gave 15 turnovers for the half.
Breanna Stewart is getting whatever she wants out there, leading her team with a game-high 20 points on a scorching 7-of-8 from the field and 4-of-4 from the 3-point line.
We have Stewie & the other team does not. Advantage us.- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 4, 2021
🔥 @breannastewart 20 PTS, 5 REB
🇺🇸 #USABWNT #Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/VxCtbjXNO9
- O'Hea finds Tolo down low in the post for the easy bucket. (4:17) They've got to get into their sets quicker to capitalise on the mismatches inside.
- USA's defence is keeping the Opals out of the paint, forcing them into some tough jumpers.
- Marianna Tolo picked up her second foul of the game. She and Cayla George both have two for the Aussies.
- The Opals are getting stops on the defensive end get out to a 5-0 burst to start the quarter.
End of first quarter: USA 26, Australia 12
The Opals took a while to find any offensive rhythm in the first quarter, shooting just 29 percent from the field, while committing 10 turnovers, which the USA turned into 11 points.
Breanna Stweart scored 10 of USA's 26 points, while Leilani Mitchell leads Australia with six.
QT:- Basketball Australia (@BasketballAus) August 4, 2021
The USA have come out fierce, but the Opals finished the quarter strong.
Plenty of work to do.
🇦🇺: 12 🇺🇸: 26#Tokyo2020
- Leilani Mitchell's triple breaks the drought for the Aussies who hadn't made a field goal for nearly seven minutes. She's got six of the Opals nine points. USA lead 21-9 (1:29)
- The Opals are struggling to break down USA's defence, missing their last eight shots (3:04)
- It's been all Stewart for Team USA. She's got a game-high 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting.
🔥 Stewie showed up! 10 first quarter points already for @breannastewart- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 4, 2021
5:41 1Q | 🇺🇸 16 🇦🇺 6#Tokyo2020 #Basketball
- Back-to-back jumpers from Stewart and Taurasi cap off a 14-1 run for USA as they take a 10-point lead (5:41)
- It's been a nervy start for the Opals, turning the ball over five times in the first four minutes of the game.
- Breanna Stewart has started the game on fire for Team USA. She's got seven of their first nine points. USA lead 9-6 (6:45)
Opals starting 5:- Basketball Australia (@BasketballAus) August 4, 2021
Box Score: https://t.co/xHjCviidoq#Tokyo2020
USA starters : Sue Bird, A'Ja Wilson, Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Brittney Griner
Tina Charles and Brenna Stewart look ahead to tonight's matchup.
This is where the fun really starts. @tinacharles31 & @breannastewart look ahead to today's quarterfinal vs 🇦🇺- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 4, 2021
🕜 1:40 PM JST - 12:40 AM ET
🇺🇸 #USABWNT x #Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/HO9y5lD6TF
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.