Team USA book their spot in the Olympic Games semi-finals after a hard-fought 95-81 win over Spain.
Kevin Durant led five players in double figures wirh 29 points, while Jayson Tatum added 13 and Jrue Holiday 12.
Ricky Rubio did his best to push Spain over the line, with a dominant scoring performance, pouring in 38 points on 13-of-20 shooting from the field, but it wasn't enough as Spain miss out on an Olympic medal for the first time since 2004.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with live updates, highlights and more from all the action.
Team USA vs. Spain live score and updates
FINAL: USA 95, Spain 81
It's on to the #Tokyo2020 semifinals! @KDTrey5 29 PTS @jaytatum0 13 PTS- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 3, 2021
🇺🇸 #USABMNT #Basketball pic.twitter.com/73iUQU9WH5
- Durant gets the block on one end and throws it down on the other. That'll do for USA as they advance to the semi-finals.
- Make that 36 for Rubio! His greatest Olympic performance.
- Spain aren't done just yet. Rubio scores again to make it 34 points on the night to cut the lead to eight points.
- SHOWTIME TATUM! JT hits Holiday with the no-look dime that bamboozles Spain's defence.
- Jayson Tatum buries the triple at the end of the shot clock. He's scored eight of USA's 12 points in the fourth as they take a 15-point lead (6:32)
- Lillard gets five quick points and Tatum follows it up with a triple as Team USA extend the lead to 77-66 (7:13)
End of third quarter: USA 69, Spain 63
Team USA take a six-point lead heading into the fourth quarter, but right now it's the scoring battle between Kevin Durant (25 PTS) and Ricky Rubio (27 PTS) that looks like it's going to decide this game.
After struggling to break down Spain's defence in the first half, USA got the ball moving in the third quarter, creating a ton of open looks.
- Rubio is ON FIRE! He's got 27 points on the night as he propels Spain on a 14-4 run to get back into the game.
- Rubio gives Spain a spark to halt USA's run. He gets two quick buckets and nice dish to Hernangomez to cut the USA's lead to 67-56 (3:21).
- It's all Kevin Durant in the third. He's got nine of their 15 points in the period. After knocking down four triples in the opening half, Team USA has now gone 4-of-5 in the third.
- Much better ball movement from USA early in the period. All five players get a touch on the ball and Devin Booker buries the triple. USA lead 53-45 (7:15).
- Durant's got it going here. He knocks down his second triple of the period and third of the night. He's up to 18 points (7:54).
Two triples for KD out of the half! He's up to a game-high 18 PTS.- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 3, 2021
7:29 3Q | 🇺🇸 50 🇪🇸 45#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/gYMYDWxhht
- Jrue Holiday picks up his third foul early in the period (8:41).
Half-time: Spain 43, USA 43
After being down by 11 points with three minutes remaining, USA finish the quarter strong to tie things up at the half.
Spain's size has caused them problems inside and they're settling for long-range shots, but have only hit 4-of-17 from outside.
Ricky Rubio leads Spain with 13 points, while Kevin Durant leads USA with 12.
Buckle up for this second half 😅- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 3, 2021
🇺🇸 #Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/97lIb9XPVd
- LaVine goes baseline and throws it down to cap off the first half and a 14-4 run for Team USA.
- Green finds Durant for the thunderous jam and USA cut the deficit to two points in the final 40 seconds.
- Spain's defence at the rim has been on point tonight. They've got six blocks from five different players.
- Lillard, Middleton and Adebayo help USA go on a 7-1 run to cut it to 41-36 (1:57)
- That's the third foul for Rudy Fernandez and he'll head to the bench
- Rebound count update. Spain leads 27-14
- Ricky Rubio checks back into the game for Spain. They've convincingly won the minutes with him on the bench, which should be concerning for Team USA as he's been the best player on the floor so far. (2:56)
- USA's struggles from deep continue. They're 3-of-15 from the 3-point line.
- The sze advantage isn't helping USA at all as Spain take advantage of the mismatches inside. Will we see Popovich go to McGee to get a bigger body in the paint?
- 24 second violation for Team USA. Their ball movement has dried up as Spain continue to apply the pressure on the defensive end (4:28)
- Spain getting physical inside, dominating the USA's smaller linup, outrebounding them 16-9 so far.
- Zach LaVine gets going early in Q2. He's got five of Team USA's seven points in the period.
End of first quarter: Spain 21, USA 19
Lots of game to go. @KDTrey5 leads us with 7 PTS.- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 3, 2021
END 1Q | 🇪🇸 21 🇺🇸 19#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/FLEucKUspw
Spain go into the first break with a three-point lead, led by a 13-point quarter from Ricky Rubio. They shot the ball well in the opening 10 minutes going 9-of-9 from the field.
Kevin Durant leads Team USA with seven points, but they've struggled from beyond the arc, going 1-of-7 from deep.
- After trailing by seven points, Spain has gone on a 9-2 run to tie things up at 19-19.
- It's all Ricky Rubio for Spain! He's got 13 of Spain's 17 points on 5-of-8 shooting.
- It's been a tough start shooting the ball for USA, going 1-of-5 from the 3-point line, but they hold a 17-10 lead (3:08).
- Rubio is getting to his spots in the first quarter. He leads Spain with six points.
- Lillard nails the triple and Team USA has an early 7-2 lead.
🇺🇸 Starters vs 🇪🇸 Spain- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 3, 2021
#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/6WDYxaPNxD
Spain starters: Ricky Rubio, Rudy Fernandez, Victor Claver, Marc Gasol, Alberto Abalde
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.