The Golden State Warriors said goodbye to the legendary Oracle Arena at the conclusion of the 2019 NBA Finals.
They're set to move into a new state-of-the-art arena that is ready to go for the start of the 2019-2020 NBA season.
Here are 10 facts about the Warriors new home, all courtesy of the arena's official site via Warriors.com.
10 facts about Chase Center
- The new arena is 11 miles from Oracle Arena
- It will stand in San Francisco's Mission Bay neighborhood
- The first game played at Chase Center will be a preseason contest on October 5, 2019 between the Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers
- It will boast the NBA's largest scoreboard
- The Warriors new practice facility will be within Chase Center
- It has a seating capacity of 18,064 - the largest arena/stadium in San Francisco
- There will be 40 different food and beverage vendors
- There will be an art gallery located inside that showcases the regional history of the Bay Area
- Aside from basketball, it will host concerts, culture events, family shows and more
- Chase Center's grand opening will be September 6, 2019, hosting a concert for Metallica and the SF Symphony